Monday, September 8, 2008

I am soooo gonna try this


I found this recipe online at eatingoutloud.com and it seems like it would be fantastic. I love figs, but I never know what to do with them so I never buy them. I am gonna post the recipe here and if there is anyone who would like to try it with me- feel free and I can post your pics on here with mine...

Cinnamon Fig Jam
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 lb. mission figs (about 10-12 figs)
1 3″ strip lemon zest
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 lemon juiced

Add water and sugar to a pan and place on a medium heat to dissolve.

Remove the stems from the figs and cut into quarters. Add to the sugar mixture along with lemon zest, cinnamon stick, and lemon juice. Bring the mix to a light simmer and leave the pan uncovered. Cook for about 1 hour or until the mix thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

No comments: