It's not a good video if it doesn't end with Livi crying.
Thursday, December 27, 2012
4 houses. 2 kids. 1 day. Nobody said it would be easy, but we pulled it off. It ended up being one of the best Christmas' to date. We got to see so many friends and family members. Most notable was an appearance by my grandmother who ventured out of the home where she now lives. That's a rare thing these days and even though she had to keep asking who the kids were and how we were related, she was in great spirits and it was good to see her happy.
The kids were happy with the onslaught of presents from almost every house we visited yesterday and we were happy with the food that was handed to us at almost every house we visited. By the end of the day, we were happy, full and tired. If that's not a successful day, I don't know what is.
Liam's favorite present: Indian Jones action figures
Livi's favorite present: Barbie mermaid (sigh...)
Daddy's favorite present: Westvleteren 12 (some rare beer)
Mommy's favorite present: Her new camera and lens!
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Oh my sweet, sweet Liam bear. So big and grown up. I got lost in pictures of him as a little boy the other day. I couldn't help it. He's just so grown up now! The talks we have and his thirst for knowledge is the best. His vocabulary is insane and his wit gets sharper by the minute. I can tell he has picked up some things from school like smart aleck remarks and words to horrible top 40 songs. He is sweet to me and his sister and takes care of us. He is still reserved and cautious around strangers and crazy and funny around his family. He can't seem to keep from gnawing on his fingers. He hugs me constantly. He loves to draw. Oh, how he loves to draw. He's sensitive and whiny. He's fantastic.
We've made a deal, me and him. I asked him to stop growing. I told him I think he should stop at 5, but he compromised with me and promised he would stop at 6. He said he wanted to get to 6 so he could have an Indiana Jones party, then he would stop. He promised.
Here are the questions for this year, a tradition I started last year:
1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? Indiana Jones toy (he doesn't have an Indiana Jones toy...yet)
3. What is your favorite fruit? banana
4. What is your favorite tv show? Ninjago
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? PBJ
6. What is your favorite outfit? my Mickey shirt
7. What is your favorite game? the driving game and Indiana Jones
8. What is your favorite snack? muffins
9. What is your favorite animal? tiger and lion
10. What is your favorite song? the clapping song
11. What is your favorite book? Indiana Jones book
12. Who is your best friend? my whole class
13. What is your favorite cereal? none
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play baseball
15. What is your favorite drink? orange juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my tiny pillow
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? tiny muffins
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? ninja turtle
Monday, December 17, 2012
Liam: Oh! Oh! I know what we should name it! Indiana Jones!
|Yup, the snowman has the same name.|
Thursday, December 13, 2012
Liam's 5th birthday party snuck up on me. I guess it came out ok, but I feel like I didn't have the time to put my whole heart into it. It was no Star Wars party, but he seemed happy enough with it. Honestly, I am just happy it's over and I am thinking next year it might be worth plopping down the money to have his party at Monkey Joe's or something. These things are exhausting!