Double digits. How did we get here? I'm not sure, but it's clear that Liam is growing up. He is straddling the two worlds of "I don't need you" and "Can you walk with me to the bathroom?". He's also trying to deal with some big emotions which seem to be the only kinds of emotions he knows how to have. I know this will serve him well once he learns how to navigate them. For now, it feels a little like walking on egg shells. But when he loves, he loves BIG and he makes you feel like the most important person in the world.
His friends are so important to him. He’s a social butterfly and he’s made friends here quickly, even though he misses his old ones terribly. He started robotics club this year and has his first competition next month. He’s taking an extracurricular coding class before school once a week and will gladly inform you that he is farther along than anyone else in his lessons.
He loves to read. Graphic novels are his favorite and if you want to make him happy, just tell him you are taking him to the library after school.
His latest obsession is magic. We can’t remember how exactly he got into it, but you can almost always find him with cards in his hand. He’s into card and coin tricks and loves watching the work of Penn and Teller and Shin Lim. He has an Instagram account where he posts his tricks and has a lofty goal of getting a booth at one of the largest art festivals here to perform his magic. He attends magic club once a month at a tiny magic store just outside of Asheville where he sits for 3-4 hours trading secrets with mostly grown magicians that he looks up to.
The boy has my heart. Sometimes I wonder if he knows it. But I love him more than I can describe. He’s not a baby anymore but he’ll always be my baby.
1. What is your favorite color? neon pink
2. What is your favorite toy? deck of cards
3. What is your favorite fruit? apple with cinnamon
4. What is your favorite tv show? Troll Hunters
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? hummus pack with pretzels
6. What is your favorite outfit? basketball shorts and NASA sweater
7. What is your favorite game? Roblox
8. What is your favorite snack? any type of chips
9. What is your favorite animal? Road runner
10. What is your favorite song? Rolex by Ayo and Teo
11. What is your favorite book? Prisoner of War
12. Who is your best friend? Kai
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Ride my bike
15. What is your favorite drink? Root beer
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a book
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Bacon and sausage
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Hibachi
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Magician
21. What is your favorite movie? Rogue One until we see Last Jedi
22. What is your favorite football team? Saints and LSU