Naturally, Livi requested a princess party for her birthday. She was so excited to get her hair and nails done beforehand. The princesses decorated their treasure boxes and crowns while the knights decorated their treasure boxes and shields. We had a scavenger hunt for treasure, slayed a dragon and returned the crown to the queen. It worked out pretty great for both the boys and the girls.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Livi is three. Livi is THREE. How can she have been around for three years already? A better question, what did we do to entertain ourselves before her? She is so amazing. Loving and independent and girly and sweet and so, so stubborn. She takes after her mommy in so many ways, mostly the clumsy and stubborn ways. She loves to sing and watch "bideos". Instead of saying "She went there", she will say "Her went there". She uses her cuteness to get away with being naughty. She loves to "help" mommy with dinner and dance with daddy.
Here are her questions for this birthday:
1. What is your favorite color? purple
2. What is your favorite toy? robot
3. What is your favorite fruit? strawberry
4. What is your favorite tv show? Yo Gabba Gabba
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Jamich
6. What is your favorite outfit? pink
7. What is your favorite game? Mommy (?)
8. What is your favorite snack? peanuts
9. What is your favorite animal? zebra
10. What is your favorite song? In the Sun
11. What is your favorite book? blue (this is when she started getting silly and we had to come back to the conversation at a different time)
12. Who is your best friend? Annabell
13. What is your favorite cereal? pink
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play
15. What is your favorite drink? milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? lalaloopsie
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? lunch (?)
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? party
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? teacher
|ugh- so big|
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
No, we aren't expecting. The truth is we've been trying since June. We decided to give ourselves 6 months to see what happens. Well, those 6 months have come and gone and needless to say, no bun in this oven. Although we would have been thrilled with a third, we are fine that it didn't happen. Honestly, we are no spring chickens and the thought of having a newborn around at this point just sounds exhausting! I remember when we were considering the prospect of a third. I was talking to a friend about it and telling him that right now everything was so contained and maintainable and he told me that he always wanted three because it seemed a little chaotic and he liked things being a little chaotic. I liked that. It resonated with me. And it's why we decided to go ahead and see what happens.
At the same time, we have always talked about getting a family dog one day, especially after the break in. We've had dogs before and ended up giving them away. Of course, circumstances were much different and life was much less stable back then. It seemed like the stars have aligned. A mutual friend was fostering a rescued boxer and we tested her out for the weekend. We dropped her back off on Sunday afternoon and spent the rest of Sunday and Monday talking about it. We decided that we would stop trying for a third human baby and instead, adopt one of the canine variety. After all, we all need a little chaos in our lives. And she is the sweetest kind of chaos you can imagine.
|Already missing her daddy|