1. What is your favorite color? neon pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Xbox
3. What is your favorite fruit? banana
4. What is your favorite tv show? Simpsons
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? buffalo chicken tender
6. What is your favorite outfit? Saints jacket
7. What is your favorite game? Madden 20
8. What is your favorite snack? Flaming hot Cheetos
9. What is your favorite animal? narwhal
10. What is your favorite song? Bare Necessities from Jungle Book
11. What is your favorite book? White Bird
12. Who is your best friend? Cameron Matherly
13. What is your favorite cereal? Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play football
15. What is your favorite drink? Rootbeer
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a book
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Toasted waffles
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Blaze pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? I don't know
21. What is your favorite movie? Mulan
22. What is your favorite football team? Saints and LSU
Liam is in sixth grade which means this is his first year of middle school. He rides the school bus most of the time and when he rides with me, he rides in the front seat now. Sixth grade started with some added responsibilities such as packing his own lunch and setting his own reminders so he knows when he needs to leave to catch the bus. He got a phone at the beginning of the school year so he could contact us if anything happens on the way to/from school. It's not a smartphone like he was hoping for, but rather a flip phone very similar to the one I used to have back in the day. He's learned the art of texting using a keypad which I find pretty funny.
Overall, he is having a fantastic year. He doesn't tell me much which I understand, but most days he is in great spirits and seems to be enjoying the autonomy that middle school brings.
He is fully into speedcubing and has been in 3 competitions despite starting the hobby last April. Right now, he can competently solve a 3x3, 2x2, pyraminx, and megaminx. He has a 4x4, but he's working on his speed for that one.
We attempted fall baseball this year, but Liam ended up breaking his finger and it really messed with his head. He's worried about getting injured again and has opted into flag football for the Spring which he hasn't done before outside of pickup games. But he does love himself some football.
Lately, he's been really into politics. It's not a great time to be into politics with all the weirdness that is going on, but I am proud of him for staying informed and asking questions. He is hoping Amy Klobuchar wins the Democratic nominee spot.
He's so so sweet and kind and cuddly and I love him so so much.