Saturday, December 21, 2013
He's grown so much in the past year. Kindergarten will do that to you. He is doing great in school. He is one of the top readers in his class and he's won an award twice for his good character. He loves history and will keep me up at night discussing what he's learned about Martin Luther King or Dizzie Gillespie. Despite his success at school, he's still pretty lazy when it comes to homework. He would never want to skip homework and get a zero, but he is perfectly happy with doing just enough to get a passing grade. I have to push him constantly to do his best. Luckily, he still cares a great deal about not disappointing me so it's not too hard to get him there.
If it were up to him, he would spend every waking hour playing video games. He LOVES the iPad and playing the Wii is the ultimate bribe. He started playing baseball once a week and he is surprisingly good. He really loves it and we're hoping to put him into baseball next.
He adores me and often tells me he loves me more than he loves himself and I adore him even more. He is sweet and protective, sensitive and kind.... and funny. He's getting his own sense of humor which is witty and sarcastic and makes me smile constantly. I would do absolutely anything for that kid.
1. What is your favorite color? green
2. What is your favorite toy? Indiana Jones toy (he doesn't have an Indiana Jones toy...yet)
3. What is your favorite fruit? banana
4. What is your favorite tv show? Ninjago
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? PBJ
6. What is your favorite outfit? my Mickey shirt
7. What is your favorite game? the driving game and Indiana Jones
8. What is your favorite snack? muffins
9. What is your favorite animal? tiger and lion
10. What is your favorite song? the clapping song
11. What is your favorite book? Indiana Jones book
12. Who is your best friend? my whole class
13. What is your favorite cereal? none
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play baseball
15. What is your favorite drink? orange juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? my tiny pillow
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? tiny muffins
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? pizza
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? ninja turtle
Sunday, December 8, 2013
I can't even remember the last time we had Thanksgiving together as a family with all the "kids" in town. It was a nice change. We fried some turkeys, played some games, enjoyed some beautiful weather and stuffed our faces. Success.