Saturday, February 4, 2012

Raising Hope


You'd think after having two kids of my own I would be at pro at holding little babies. Not so. How easy it is to forget. The small people that inhibit my home are a far cry from this little creature. So petite and sweet and fragile and newborn smelling.  I had the privilege of meeting my younger brother's daughter just 30 minutes after she was born. My sister lives in Orlando so I have never been able to meet one of my nephew/nieces in such a short time after they were born. It was quite the treat.

I cannot stress enough how proud of Sarah I am, and Josh for that matter. It was a pretty seamless birth and Sarah was able to get through it with no drugs. She was strong and had the support of her amazing husband and I just can't help but smile ear to ear when I think about it. Hope has some amazing parents that adore her. They have that new parent glow that's hard to miss and you can tell they simply adore her. She's in good hands.

As for the facts.. she was born on January 27th at 5:30pm. She weighed 7lbs, 14 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. Her name is Hope Luthien Toledo. Her middle name is from a Lord of the Rings book. If I am not mistaken, it is a Elvish princess and means "Enchantress". I can say she has enchanted me. I simply love her. And so do the kids. Livi calls her "Sope" and talks about her often even though she has only met her once. But there will be many more meetings in the future.  You can count on it.

PS- She can give you a peace sign with her toes... true story....













No comments: