Sunday, February 26, 2012

Peepee in the Potty


I realize it sounds ridiculous. Being incredibly frustrated after just one day of potty training is silly. But Liam was so easy to train and Livi is so dang smart. I envisioned it being me showing her a couple of times and that being the end of it. I really need to stop kidding myself. In all honesty, it probably wasn't even that easy with Liam. Anyway, after the first day of Livi having one (half) of a success, I started to wonder if we would have to put her back in diapers and just try again at a later time. I know, silly... And she proved it to me.

Day two was a welcome change. She went IN the potty every single time except for one and that was of the #2 variety so we'll spare you the details. She's doing great and tomorrow we send her to school in training pants. This is such a different environment from being bottomless and seconds away from a potty at all times that there is no way of knowing how she will do. There will most likely be plenty of accidents. But it's a process and I have to keep reminding myself that soon I will have no kids in diapers and that is a beautiful thing!




No comments: