Saturday, November 19, 2011

Giving In


Liam has NEVER owned any kind of G-U-N before. He earned some money and when we went to Target all he wanted to spend it on was this water gun. $2.50. All. He. Wanted. Was. This. Gun. I have resisted so much, but I finally gave in. It hit me that there was nothing I could do to stop him from loving the things and he may just want what he can't have more because it's being kept from him. So I said OK and you would have thought I handed him 100 lollipops. His face lit up and he couldn't wait to get it home and show Daddy when he got home from work. Funny thing is, Daddy was just as excited and ran out to get his own.

If giving in to a silly water gun produces fun times with family like this, I will do it over and over again.

 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just call it a water "shooter" and we're all good. :)

~Aunt Tina