Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chicken Pox


Livi is prone to getting rashes easily for almost any reason. The other day she was eating a lollipop and a piece of it fell on her chin. It might have been there for five minutes and it left a red rash for a couple of hours. So when the daycare called me on Thursday to tell me she had a rash, I wasn't at all concerned. I didn't even make it a point to look at it until I got her into the bathtub. But obviously, this was no normal rash.

Even though Livi had been vaccinated, she ended up with Chicken Pox. Luckily, the doctor said that the chicken pox you get after you have been vaccinated is a far different one than those who get it and haven't been vaccinated. These spots on her belly were the only ones she got and I never saw her scratch at them once. So Livi and I got the day off together. We both have had a cold and needed the rest anyway. The doc said she could go back to school on Monday and the spots are already fading away. Now we just have to cross our fingers that Liam and Daddy steered clear of it.




No comments: