Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Shining Star


I am so excited about Liam's development. Besides the fact that his puzzle skills better than mine, he has picked up on writing and drawing incredibly fast. Granted, I have NOTHING to compare this to. But I see how he went from knowing his letters to writing them and sounding out words and it's pretty astounding. He's also starting to color in the lines now which is a welcome change. I can only gloat over scribbles for so long before it becomes obvious that I am just not impressed.  ha. His letters are even staying within the lines. For a while they would start out that way and end up taking up the whole page. He can spell and kinda write his first and last name.

This week Liam was "Star of the Week" at school. Don't be too impressed. Every kid gets a week and it was just his turn! We had to fill out a questionnaire so the class could get to know him better. Among my favorite answers:
My favorite food is Gummies .
When I grow up I want to be a ninja and a clone trooper.
You have no idea how hard I tried to get him to pick a real profession.  "Yea, but what job do you want to have? A fire fighter? A boat captain? Wouldn't it be cool if you could work in a zoo all day?"
I got a crinkled up face and a "MoOOooOooOm, I wannnnaaa be a ninja and a clone trooper!"



No comments: