Friday, May 6, 2011

Books We're Reading

Liam is such a fan of books. He is a happy camper in the car as long as he has a stack of books next to him. We read 2 books every single night before bedtime. These are a few of the books that are popular in the household right now.


Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
This book is fabulous. Kama got it for him and it brings back so many memories for me. My brother had this whole thing memorized and performed it for some kind of competition when we were growing up. Every time we read it, it reminds me of Josh. And how can you not love a kid whose idea of escaping his problems is to move to Australia?


Green Eggs and Ham
Liam loves Dr Seuss books. The Cat In The Hat has always been a personal favorite for him, along with Horton. I have been meaning to get this classic for some time now, but Nana beat me to it and got it for him for Easter. I have to admit that I am not sure who loves it more, me or him.


I Love You Stinky Face
This one has been around for a long time, but always finds its way back into rotation. This is a book that Liam and I share together. He will tell you it's my favorite. It's a great little story about a boy who asks his mom if she would still love him if he "were a big, scary ape" to which she replies "If you were a big, scary ape, I would make your birthday cake out of bananas, and I would tell you, 'I love you, my big, scary ape.'" There is nothing better than snuggling with my little guy in my bed and reading this to him while he giggles next to me. The last lines of the book say it all. "I love you Mama" " And I love you, my wonderful child"

No comments: