Monday, August 30, 2010

A Time Out


I used to do yoga... like a lot. And I loved it. I used to read. I used to make meals that would take half the day to prepare. I used to go to the movies. There are a lot of "used to's" these days. Now, the days just seem to flow in and out seamlessly and most days we are just trying to keep our head above water. This isn't a venting session. I don't regret the path that I have chosen, but I have come to realize that every now and again a Time Out is in order. I spend so much time trying to keep up with day to day routine that I forget how important it is to just breathe.

Yoga is all about intuition and listening to what your body is trying to tell you. It shocked me the other day when I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe and realized that all my muscles were aching and I was holding this ball of stress that was just sitting behind my eyes. So I have vowed to pay attention more to what is going on around me and within me. I am gonna do some yoga a couple nights a week, make it a point to sleep in once a week, and just enjoy my family... laundry and dishes be damned.

No comments: