Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cast-less


Three weeks came and went. Last Thursday we got Ms Liv's cast off. I was so nervous because I knew they would use a saw to get it off and I could just picture myself pinning down a flailing toddler. And she is strong. But lo and behold, she thought it was the coolest thing she had ever seen. She was thoroughly entertained my the loud buzzing noise and didn't flinch a muscle. Once it came off, she just rotated her wrist around. She giggled when I scratched her newly released arm and that was that.

Since then, it seems she has lost complete interest in her thumb. She still wants the pacifier at night and cries so hard it leads to hyperventilating if she doesn't get it. So for now, I will give in. She also seems to be a bit ambidextrous as a result of this cast. She was always using her left hand for things, but she is more likely to go for a pen or fork with her right hand now. Only time will tell if this will stick. All in all, the whole thing was low drama- just the way I like it.

No comments: