Friday, March 5, 2010

Life with Liv

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Now that Livi is 2 weeks old, I have a better understanding of what kind of baby she is. I am getting to know her cries and her feeding schedule. She is just awesome. It's such a different feeling the second time around, mostly because you have been through it all before so the excitement just isn't the same. I don't feel bad in saying that I worried that I didn't have the same connection to Livi as I did to Liam. Mostly because now I know that I do. It took a little longer to find it, but I think that has a lot to do with this being the second time. Livi didn't ask to be second and it sure doesn't make her any less special, but there is no denying that the newness of a first child resembles something like a first date.

Now when I look into those baby blues or stare at her as she peacefully sleeps, I feel that same intense love that I do with Liam. I have a daughter. It was a little hard to let reality set it, but now that is has I will never be the same. I didn't split the love I had for Liam with her, I started a whole new unit of love. I don't know if that even makes sense or sounds cheesy, but I don't care. The point is I never thought I could fit more love for anyone into me because there was so much there for my boys. But there it is- a whole new unit of love... all for Livi.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so well spoken! I love what you wrote and I love the new pictures of Livi! Can't wait to see her again :)

- Aunt Tina