Friday, March 12, 2010

All in a Daze Work



Maternity leave with 2 kids is kinda tough. It's not that I can't handle them, it's the lack of sleep that makes it tough. I am an 8 hour kind of girl. If I don't get my 8 hours, I am cranky and sleepy and impatient. Livi doesn't stay awake or cry all night, but she does need to eat or burp or be changed just about every hour. So although I don't stay up for long periods of time- the interrupted sleep wreaks havoc on me.

And of course, during the day Liam needs to be constantly entertained or taken to the bathroom at the same time I am feeding Livi. Thankfully, he has generally been good. I have seen some behavior as a result of the new kid in town. No jealousy, but he does ask for hugs all day and tells me Livi "is done eating- put her down" when he wants my attention. But still includes her in all his stories and wants her around constantly. And seriously, what do stay-at-home moms DO with kids all day everyday?



No comments: