Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mmmm




I love that my husband bakes. I mean I LOVE it. For his birthday, he got a bunch of gift cards to Sur la Table. One of the things he got with the gift certificates was their new book, "The Art and Soul of Baking". Just this week, he has made Cappuccino Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti and Sweet Potato Biscuits.

The Biscotti are amazing. They were my pick. We started a new tradition where every week one of us picks a recipe. Last week, Chris picked Roasted Red Pepper, Basil, and Feta Muffins and today Nancy was looking over the book to choose her pick. The Sweet Potato Biscuits are good regardless of their striking resemblance to dog poop (Sorry babe, but it's true). The best part about all of this is that Chris is on a sweets strike for the month, so the sweets are mine... All MINE, I TELL YOU... muahahaha....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

all yours the biscotti, and i only got two!!! pig!!!! :)