Saturday, April 27, 2013

When Life Throws You Lemons...


...you make lemonade.  Is it  not fair to refer to my unexpected unborn child as lemons? I suppose it is. Before I explain, let me start by saying... WE'RE PREGNANT!! I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and our due date is November 30th. Now back to the lemons. I say this because we had it all figured out. We were completely satisfied with two and were ready to get fixed. Every baby item we owned was given away. Now we didn't have to worry about getting a minivan or changing diapers or an extra college tuition. But life doesn't always care about your plans and apparently throwing caution to the wind ONE time can get you pregnant, who knew?

Now that we have had time to digest the news, we obviously couldn't be happier. It makes things a little messier, but messier is always more fun anyway. The kids are also really excited to get another sibling. When we told them, Liam got a big smile and said he hoped it was a boy cause he's always wanted a brother. Livi on the other hand said, "I just saw a puppy". It took her a little longer to get what we were telling her. Now Liam involves the baby in all conversations about our family. The other day I took a sip of Chris' beer and he popped his head up and exclaimed "Mommy! What about the baby!!!" Already being protective. Today he drew pictures of all of my children for my locket that I have promised for months to fill. I couldn't have done it better if I tried.


No comments: