Monday, December 20, 2010

My boy is 3!

My boy? My boy is 3? No, no you must be mistaken. I have a small baby boy- he can't possibly be 3. Then again, he has been around for a while... dang it... he IS 3. *sigh*

But he is also awesome. I am so in love with him and I am pretty sure he's fond of us too. He loves playing with everything. His imagination takes over whether he is dressing up or playing with his Buzz and Ariel dolls.

He is very good at communicating. He knows when to apologize, be cute, manipulate, giggle, revolt, shy away or be affectionate. And he is always observing people's behavior. He repeats everything he hears so mind your P's and Q's around this one.

He is still a bit of a musical genius. After hearing a song one or two times, he will be able to sing it back to you. He is very good at melodies and if I have any money left in a couple of years, I would love to get him some guitar or drum lessons.

He knows all of his letters and the sound they make. He knows his colors and most of his numbers. He's getting good at demonstrating his good manners. We try to emphasize asking over demanding and using the magic word. He also knows it makes mommy happy when he coughs into his elbow or says excuse me when he needs to get by. He is 38 inches tall and weighs 33 pounds.

Although, he is far from perfect, I am pretty glad with the outcome thus far. We have a lot of fun together and he loves his family. What more can I ask for?



No comments: