Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I See Myself as More of a Geek


My brother recently lent Chris and I the first season of Freaks and Geeks on DVD. It took a few weeks for us to start it, but we have spent the last few nights diving in. I must say that I ADORE it. It is so funny and brilliant. This show is how the Apatow gang came to be in existence. It stars some of my favorite people, such as: James Franco (cutie), Seth Rogan, and that guy from "How I Met Your Mother" and "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".

It does such a great job of showing the complexities of the parent/child relationship as well as the awkward "finding yourself" feeling of high school. And it is incredibly witty to boot. I can't get enough of it and it wasn't until after we started watching the series that I found out it was canceled after one season. I know I am late in saying this, but... BOOOOOO. What is it with FOX canceling great shows? First "Arrested Develeopment" (RIP) and now this. Although, this did happen a few years before Arrested Development, it doesn't make it sting any less. So now I will have to watch each of these episodes slowly and with much appreciation. Because there isn't nearly enough to satisfy me.

No comments: