Sunday, April 5, 2009

My First Herb Garden



I have wanted to grow my own herbs for years now, but I have never had the space to do it. As luck would have it, Nancy has the perfect little empty plot of garden space in her front yard and she so graciously gave me permission to use it! I decided to buy both seeds and already sprouting herbs and see what works best. I got some rosemary, basil, and thyme that was already well on its way and got seeds for cilantro, more basil, and some peppers. I planted the seeds a week ago and would you believe I already seem some little baby herbs starting to emerge! I will have to wait and see on the peppers though- as they take a little longer.

The whole thing is a bit experimental, but I have already used some of "my" herbs. It is so satisfying to walk out into your front yard and pluck some basil right off the plant whenever you need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a herb garden too! Love it!

Judy